Every season is full of magic, full of promises, full of ideas – I always have a ‘perfect’ image in mind, of how I want to spent summer/autumn/winter… Obviously, life is never perfect, things happen, goals change and you just adapt to that, while still trying to enjoy the moment, live in the present and don’t get upset if things don’t go as planned.
Maybe creating a list of things I want to do this summer is a step into the right direction? Having concrete ideas and not just images floating through my head might be restrictive (desperatly doing things just to cross them off), but I think it will actually help me with achieving my goal: The Perfect Summer Holidays. :) I’m trying it out for this year and will let you know it went at the beginning of September! Here is what’s on my list:
- get back into embroidery: I really want to try new techniques and just have fun with needles and thread again
- walk barefoot in the rain: in the warm summer rain especially
- go to a public viewing (EURO 2016): I wanted to go last weekend (IT:DE), but will go tomorrow (FRA:DE) instead. Vive la France!
- Henna tattoos! I bought some henna paste, ready to use, and can’t wait to embellish my hands and feet
- make a bra: The Watson is waiting, I am ashamed to say that I still haven’t started, but I promise, it will happen within the next two months.
- visit a place in Austria I’ve never been to before: That’s a bit difficult, but managable. I’m thinking Ötscher/Semmering/Großglockner – forever in love with the Alps
- go swimming in the Danube/swim while it’s raining: Again, the rain :) I haven’t been swimming once this year, so it’s high time I change that
- organize everything sewing related: patterns, fabric, notions. Organized, labeled, properly stored.
- go for a hike: see above
- paint some canvases: I have a couple of old canvases lying around and I really want to paint them and get them hung up. Now there’s time!
- sleep in a tent/open air: not sure if that will actually work out
- → watch the sunrise: I could also just come home late, I mean the sun rises at 05:00!
- find the perfect location for shooting my collection: I seriously need to photograph my collection, but this time I want to do it right, so I want a better location. I already have some ideas!
Some points are silly, others are serious, some are complex and the rest is super easy. I think it’s a good mix, very open, not too restrictive and definitely doable. And if I can’t cross everything off, that won’t be a big deal either, I want to enjoy summer and if I don’t feel like doing something, then I won’t force myself to do it. It’s all about having fun!