Homework has never been so much fun: I spent the afternoons of this week dyeing strips of fabric, all for my costume-project. I’ll use these swatches for the skirt – it’s going to be all patched together into three big strips, which will then be gathered… I want the skirt to be patterend and colourful, but all toned-down and in a certain colour palette: greens and grey with a bit of blue and turquoise, very muted and slightly murky. I started with 6 different main fabrics for the two main parts of the skirt (the third strip will be slightly different, the individual pieces will be horizontal and there will be no gathering.) and then cut them all up to a certain length and varying widths. And then the fun began… Very happy with the results!